How do you make sure that you are getting the internet speeds that you are paying for? The answer is simple, by asking the right questions. To make it easy for you, we have broken down the questions into 4 categories.
Equipment and Software
Know the hardware and software that each ISP requires, and whether you will be charged for them.
- Is the price of the modem included in the monthly access fee or will I be deducted a rental fee every month?
- Can I use my modem with this service?
- Does the equipment come with a warranty, and who is responsible if it breaks down?
Internet providers have different packages offering different speeds at different charges. To get the right speed at the right price, it is good to know what you plan to do online.
- What are the internet speeds on offer?
- Do you slow down the connection for bandwidth-intensive users?
- What are the peak usage times?
Maintenance and Security
Instead of panicking and getting frustrated, check with your provider to know what goes on when updates or upgrades are being done.
- Do you have frequent outages? How long do the outages last?
- Do you offer security options in your internet plans and how much do they cost?
- How often are security updates done?
- Do you have a 24/7 technical support team?
- Do you offer online technical support, on email, on phone or both?
Price and Contracts
Some internet providers do not require their customers to sign contracts but if they do, be sure to ask these questions to know what works for you:
- Do I have to sign a contract?
- What is the least contract length?
- Will I be charged if I decide to cancel my subscription early?
- If am not satisfied with the service, how long do I have to cancel without a penalty?
- Will my monthly fees change once the contract is up?
- Do you offer guaranteed prices for a certain time, and how do you deal with price changes?
- Am I paying for unlimited internet?
- Will I be charged extra for exceeding a data limit, or will my service be slowed or cut off?
- Should I expect any extra fees?
Contact us today and we will be ready to answer these and more questions. GTA Telecom is an honest ISP and our service is transparent – we do this to keep you, our customer, satisfied.